A free word list of contemporary German, for spell-checking and other purposes. Please note that this is NOT a bilingual English-German dictionary!
- plain text file
- over 2 million entries (including inflected forms)
- suitable as Aspell dictionary
German-English Collins Dictionary
Collins is one of the most recognisable and trusted brands in dictionary and reference material, so you know to expect high quality. This programme comes complete with hundreds of thousands of translations, words which only have meanings in German and other useful information from native speakers.
Covers most common translation needs
Excellent for a learner / holidaymaker
Lacks the learning options of e.g. Google Translate
Not ideal for academic / specialist use
Less useful to those with advanced knowledge
Cost might put you off, considering availability of free translation online
The German-English Collins Dictionary is designed to teach young children the meanings of all words in the German language, including some words not normally found in English. The main project of the German-English Collins dictionary project, as described on its web site (Lanzarote: Die Grinne im Meningen), is to provide a thorough yet easily understood translation and interpretation of all written materials from German, English, French, Italian and Latin languages. This project has been launched with the intention of producing a dictionary that would satisfy the needs of those bilingual people who may live in isolation from one another and in rural areas where the language development of the local people may be slower than that of their urban counterparts. The dictionary thus includes synonyms, antonyms, and words with specialized meanings in each of the four languages. Because this dictionary is intended to cover all aspects of the German language, it provides synonyms for terms that have no English equivalent, as well as synonyms for words that have similar meanings in different languages.Another benefit of the German-English Collins dictionary is that it comes with Word games. The word games are part of a package of material provided by Lanzarote-based interactive website, Ligabell. The games, which include musical and flashcard-based activities, help students to enhance their vocabulary and to develop their written communication skills. In addition, students can also enjoy the opportunity to create a glossary from the word games and to test their knowledge of the frequency of certain Germanic words.
One of the most important features of the German-English Collins Dictionary is that it encourages reading as a leisure activity. Although many students find reading difficult at first, they find this skill to be very useful when they need to write papers or perform papers on technical subjects such as physics or biology. In addition, the students can improve their spelling by playing word games. Students can choose from the option of playing a game on a one to one basis with an English teacher, or they can choose to play the game with another student in the same room who is also learning the language.
2. • Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
3. • Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
4. Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
5. Looking for a specific word but don’t know how it’s spelled? We’ve got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
6. Invaluable cultural notes are included, to help language professionals and students at all levels learn more about the life in German-speaking and English-speaking countries.
7. • Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
8. As one of the flagship products in the Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
9. • Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
10. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription.
11. • Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine.
12. After the trial period expires you will be charged for yearly subscription though your Apple ID account.
13. Premium Subscription is available for $14.99/year. The Premium Subscription includes a free trial.
14. • Audio pronunciation – Learn words faster with the integrated pronunciations.
15. • Dive right into the intricacies of the language – With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
1. Are you interested in learning German or English language? Whether you are German seeking assistance in building English vocabulary or an English translator looking for a hassle-free offline dictionary, the German English offline Dictionary is here help you with your goal.
2. Perfect German translator app for travelers! With its word pronunciation feature, German English dictionary will help you to learn and talk the German language with people easily.
3. Easy on your pocket, friendly for your device! The offline German English dictionary is lightweight and it doesn’t affect the battery energy.
4. Search a word on the go without requiring any internet connection with this German English offline dictionary.
5. Free English to German and German to English dictionary and translator with more than 170.000 offline words, phrases, and sentences.
How To Install?1: Run the system and open PC properties.
2: Get the latest Software.
3: Go to the activation menu too.
4: After that, download the code and the crack from the link below.
5: Enter this key to activate.